We moved to Sachse in towards the end of 2012. The home was built by Plantation/MHI homes. Not only do they have poor quality building materials, but they also do not stay true and honest to their contract.
I've had several instances in which the company didn't do anything!
1. Right before we moved into the house, the front yard stones that we needed for landscaping were "stolen" (as they put it). We filed a claim to have new ones sent in, but they never brought any, lying their way around that it was not their problem it was stolen.
2. The upstairs game room floor was shifting and I needed a framer urgently! Previous rep. Cameron and his boss came to look and told me to file a claim. I filed one, and then Cameron got promoted and left. I had to deal with having to explain the entire thing to a new rep. He came with his framer, took measurements and told me he would contact me in a week. HE DIDN'T, so I did. He then told me that the measurements look correct and that even though there is CREAKING AND A LEVEL DIFFERENCE, they weren't able to do any fixing. He said someone would come in to lay back the carpet. When the man came to lay the carpet, without saying anything to us, he called his boss and said that the floor level difference had not been fixed. His boss told him to "do his job and not question." The carpet man told us that if he questioned he would be fired and so all he did was lay the carpet flat and left. The floor is still creaking upstairs in the game room and every time I walk on the floor it's as though half the house is going to collapse.
3. The wood floors downstairs in the living room next to my kitchen were bracketing and popping up. Cameron came to look at the problem and told me call the plumber. L&S Mechanical sent a plumber before and found a leak in the dishwasher. We haven't used the dishwasher for over 8 months now but the floors were still popping. L&S sent plumber Jason on 10/13/2015 to look at the kitchen once more. Jason stated that this problem has been ongoing for at least 1-1.5 years. It was not until the wood floors started popping that the problem was seen on surface. The tiles in kitchen have darkened from the water leakage, but since tiles do not pop up, the problem hadn't been noticed. Plantation/MHI homes said that since the warranty had been two years and it had passed, they couldn't do anything. It was obvious that the problem had started before the warranty ended, but the plumber didn't own up to what he said in the beginning for fear of losing his job, since L&S Mechanical and Plantation/MHI homes had an agreement between them.
I had to pay a total of over 6000 dollars to get the floors, cabinets, and dishwasher damage fixed. They did not move a finger and lied their way around to avoid paying the costs and fixing the damage. I still cannot use the dishwasher, because although the component that's leaking was fixed, the water in Sachse (which is very dirty and heavily soiled) keeps clogging the pipes and components of the dishwasher, making it leak again.
4. We were given two free coupons of paint that we could use for touch ups. Cameron took our coupons and said he would bring the two gallons of paint but he never did. AND MY COUPONS WENT JUST LIKE THAT. I called and texted him later asking to either bring the paint or the coupons back, but he never contacted me. He lied and cheated me, took my coupons, and never brought the paint to my house.
This is only the beginning of the problems I've experienced with Plantation/MHI homes.
If you plan on investing in a home, please do not buy one from them. Trust me, it will save you thousands!
More Review Details
|Value for money|
|Product or Service Quality|
|Exchange, Refund and Cancellation Policy|
|Diversity of Products or Services|
You May Also Like
- "Having a house built by Plantation Homes and the project manager is out of town. No work on the house all week and this is what I get! Was so..."
- "Flooded basement weekly, sloppy work beyond, constant puddle in garage that I step in daily, because they ignored my request for a drain and 'sloped' the garage, which clearly they..."
- "BOUGHT NEW HOME.HAD TO BUY NEW HEAT PUMP AND AIR-CONDITIONING UNIT AS TO SMALL OF ONE WAS PUT IN. HAVING 21 WINDOWS REPLACED. HAVE HUGE CRACKS IN OUTSIDE STUCCO! MOLD..."
- "**Sept 14 2014 Click4Support called today and said they would not be billing my credit card for the $1200. They offered an additional gift certificate for the "inconvenience"..."
- "Sob story Elizabeth white claimed her mom dying of cancer, job takes too much time need to get rid of horses to good home - total scam! Horses originally in..."
- "Avoid getting a Samsung washing machine. Like many others, the area around the bleach dispenser on our Samsung WA5451ANW washing machine began to show signs of rusting after just..."
- "My son and family have a PMB box in this UPS store. For 3 years, my grandchildren NEVER get their cards I send to them. Gift cards, checks, once cash,..."
- "First the positive (which is why it's got a star at all): The company (when it shows up) is EXTREMELY fast, efficient and hard working. They know their stuff and..."
- "Very disappointed in this builder. Sold my Maronda Homes built house, purchased this house in July and I immediately began breaking out in hives all over my body. I have..."