Plantation Homes - Poor Quality - WILL NOT HONOR FOUNDATION WARRANTY

8 of 18 Plantation Homes reviews

I have a Plantation Home.There is a structural leak that Plantation fixed twice to no avail.

It ruined the ceiling and table in our breakfast room. They already had to come and re-pour the back patio, redo the left side of the kitchen and re-brick the fireplace. We moved in after all of that. Our home was built in 2005 with a 10 year structural warranty.

At 9.5 years in, we filed a structural claim because we had a lot of movement. Our entire left side of our kitchen cracked, the masonry has to be redone, the granite cracked. Our patio sunk (Again), the entire left side of our 2 story brick home has to be re-bricked, our upstairs subfloor is lifting, our windows are separating and leaking, we have giant buckling cracks everywhere. 2 Plantation employees Chad and Mark left my home today saying that they did not see a problem.

I require piers, additional drainage and have $75k in cosmetic damage and they don't see a problem? There are visible cracks, seems and nail pops in every room of the home. 4 homes in a row in my neighborhood have a problem because they did not compact the soil properly and built over a natural stream/spring. I have an engineer report/opinion from a licensed impartial engineer explaining how my home does not meet the warranty standards in Plantation's warranty booklet.

They don't care. I had to hire legal counsel today. They are the worst company on the planet.

I would never buy a Plantation home and could never recommend that anyone I like do.

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

Plantation Homes Dallas Fort Worth Community
Review category
Home Construction and Repair
review #739735 by

Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more

Had an experience with Plantation Homes? Submit review ›
Helpful? 5 Yes 5 0 No 0
Had the same issue 0 Yes 0
8 of 18 Plantation Homes reviews
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan
rutheray

Dec 09, 2015 #1076363

As an update...we have not actually hired legal counsel. We consulted with 2 attorneys and are in limbo about what to do.

0 0 Reply
Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.